Our year is coming to a close very quickly! We have only 9 days of school left (after today, of course). Here's what we'll be up to:
- Math: honing our money counting and money organizing abilities.
- Writing: finishing a unit about poetry, along with other writing activities, such as writing about our second grade memories.
- Reading: building our reading and writing stamina to encourage reading over the summer!
- Community building: celebrating the last 9 days of school with class-wide privileges! We started counting down the days until summer this week, with a different privilege each day (hidden in a balloon). We'll continue this the last 9 days.
Upcoming events include:
- Second Grade's Writing Celebration: Friday May 19th, 1:45-2:30 pm in our second grade classrooms.
- The LAST day of school: Thursday, May 25th. We will dismiss at 12:45 pm.